Facebook Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility:This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the U.S., and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of UBTECH Robotics Corp, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules:By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of UBTECH Robotics Corp as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period:Entries will be accepted online starting on August 23, 2018 at 12:00 PM PT and ending September 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM PT. All online entries must be received by September 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM PT.
- How to Enter:The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.facebook.com/ubtechroboticscorp. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of UBTECH Robotics Corp. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of UBTECH Robotics Corp.
- Prizes:The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one JIMU Robot BuilderBots Kit. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by UBTECH Robotics Corp. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at UBTECH Robotics Corp’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for UBTECH Robotics Corp to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds:The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification:Winner will be selected by a measure of creativity and originality at the discretion of and under the supervision of UBTECH Robotics. Winner will be notified on Facebook within five (5) days following selection of Winner. UBTECH Robotics shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT UBTECH ROBOTICS CORP‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You:By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that UBTECH Robotics Corp, anyone acting on behalf of UBTECH Robotics Corp, and UBTECH Robotics Corp’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of [your company name]. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless [your company name] from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which [your company name] may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: UBTECH Robotics Corps reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond UBTECH Robotics Corp’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, UBTECH Robotics Corps may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by UBTECH Robotics Corps. UBTECH Robotics Corps reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. UBTECH Robotics Corps has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, UBTECH Robotics Corps reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability:By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless UBTECH Robotics Corp and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes:THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND the State of California, County of Los Angeles, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in State of California, County of Los Angeles having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List:To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: UBTECH Robotics Corp, 767 S. Alameda St., Suite 330, Los Angeles, CA 90021 USA. Requests must be received no later than September 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM PT.
- Sponsor:The Sponsor of the Campaign is UBTECH Robotics Corp, 767 S. Alameda St., Suite 330, Los Angeles, CA 90021 USA.
- Facebook:If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by UBTECH Robotics Corp is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Instagram Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by UBTECH Robotics Corp ("Sponsor"), 600 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 970, Los Angeles, CA90017
Sponsor may offer a similar sweepstakes from time to time. Each offer is separate. Entry into each sweepstakes is separate. The start/end time, how to enter and available prize for each sweepstakes will be listed in the offer for that sweepstakes on Sponsor’s Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/ubtechrobotics/. The other terms below will apply to each sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY:Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Eligible Entrants who are under the legal age of majority in their state of primary residence (a “Minor”) must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Sweepstakes. A Minor Entrant will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor before he or she can be declared a winner and any prize can be awarded under the terms of these Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
- HOW TO ENTER:Follow Sponsor’s Instagram account as indicated and respond to any Sweepstakes offer posted by Sponsor on its Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/ubtechrobotics/by“Tagging” “Liking,” “Commenting” or otherwise responding in the manner and time period set forth in the offer (the "Entry Period”). The “Like,” or “Comment,” “Tag” or other required response must include all information required in the offer. Limit one (1) entry per unique Instagram account and per person per Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. No other entry method will be accepted.
- WINNER SELECTION:Winner(s) will be selected in each Sweepstakes by random drawing from amongst all eligible entries received. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes and determines the order of receipt of entries. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION:The potential Winner(s) will be asked for an eligible email address by Direct Message and will then be notified by email and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity (where legal) form within seven (7) days of date of attempted notification. If winner is a Minor, all documents must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by Sponsor. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize. Any taxes on prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- PRIZE AND ODDS:The prize mentioned in the Sweepstakes offer is the only prize(s) available. No transfer, substitution or cash redemption will be awarded in lieu of stated prize except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on number and timing of entries received in each Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is open to all eligible participants.
- GENERAL RULES:Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use each winner's name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or misuse, nonuse or use of any prize; (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries or referrals; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual's ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account submitted at the time of entry and any damage made to the web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an Instagram account name by Instagram. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- NO WARRANTIES:Sponsor makes no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes.
- GOVERNING LAW:This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
- NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT:The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, including Instagram Inc., or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.
- WINNER NAME.Name of winner (first name / city) and/or Instagram handle will be posted on the Sponsor’s Instagram page when available.